Roadways are used by a number of entities including motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists. It is the responsibility of all parties to navigate safely and legally. When a negligent driver hits a pedestrian, the injuries are often severe. The most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Indiana are:
- Driving under the influence
- Running a red lights and hitting pedestrians who have the right of way
- Right turn on red without looking for pedestrians
- Distracted or reckless driving
- Illegally parked cars making it difficult to see pedestrians who have the right of way
- Proceeding into the crosswalk when pedestrians have a walk sign
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident that was not your fault, contact Batesky Law Office to receive full compensation for lost wages, medical bills, rehabilitation, and pain and suffering. Our attorneys have over 30 years of experience fighting for victims of accidents as a result of negligence.